MARCH 7, 2017
Time: 5:30 P.M.
Place: City Council Chambers, City Hall
VISITORS AND APPEARANCE REQUESTS
At this time individuals may address the City Council on any matters of City business.
Please go to the podium and state your name and address for the record. PLEASE NOTE: This is not an opportunity to discuss issues with the Council or to get information. In accordance with Open Meetings law, the Council cannot take action on any complaint or suggestion or respond to any allegations.
1. MOVED and SECONDED to approve the agenda, as written.
2. MOVED and SECONDED to approve:
• Minutes of February 21, 2017;
• February Financial Report; and
• Payment of Claims.
Concerning the Fiscal Year 2017-18 Budget
3a. MOVED and SECONDED to close the public hearing.
3b. MOVED and SECONDED to approve a resolution adopting the Fiscal Year 2017-18 Budget, and directing the appropriate filings be made as required by law.
Concerning Public Improvement Project 2017-01, Reconstruction of 15th Street from Avenue B to Ridgewood Road (SEE COUNCIL REPORT NO. 2017-12)
4a. MOVED and SECONDED to close the public hearing.
4b. MOVED and SECONDED to approve a resolution adopting plans, specifications and form of contract for the project.
4c. MOVED and SECONDED to adopt a resolution awarding construction contract for the project to Jones Contracting Corp., of West Point, Iowa, in the amount of $593,757.00, and approving contract and bonds of Jones Contracting Corp., pending receipt of the documents.
ORDINANCES AND RESOLUTIONS
5. MOVED and SECONDED to approve the third reading of an ordinance amending Title 10, Zoning, Chapter 19, 3(A) Additional Parking Regulations and certain sections of Title 9, Traffic, Chapters 1, 7 and 11, to update definitions of commercial vehicles, provide an exception for recreational vehicles to be driven on residential streets and amend parking regulations for commercial vehicles, trailers and food trucks.
6. MOVED and SECONDED to approve the first reading of an ordinance vacating 15th Place and 16th, 17th and 19th Streets south of Avenue P.
7. MOVED and SECONDED to approve the request of Horan’s Cabaret to paint Avenue G in front of 1337 Avenue G for St. Patrick’s Day.
8. MOVED and SECONDED to approve the Mayor’s signature on an Iowa Economic Development Authority Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Multi-Family Unit Production Rental Disaster Recovery Fund Contract for the Cattermole and old Lee County Bank buildings. (SEE COUNCIL REPORT NO. 2017-13)
DISCUSSION ITEMS – None
DEPARTMENT HEAD REPORTS
PRESENTATIONS BY LIAISONS TO BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS
9. MOVED and SECONDED to adjourn until Tuesday, March 21, 2017, at 5:30 P.M.