I want to thank everyone in Fort Madison and specifically in the second ward for the support they have shown to me and my campaign for the city council. I have knocked on nearly 600 doors and talked with over 300 voters at those doors in addition to all those who I have met out and about in town. I enjoy going out and talking to people about the things I want to do on the council, but the truly important part is what I get from the voters, because this election really isn’t about me, it is about the citizens and making Fort Madison a better place. I have been here for 31 years and have been involved in several groups working to make things happen in Fort Madison and the surrounding area. I have served on two city commissions and have initiated changes for the betterment of the community.
As a councilman I will support:
- Keeping citizens informed of issues and actions in city government.
- Protecting and improving our historic assets.
- Promoting Fort Madison to increase tourism and business.
- Improving riverfront use.
- Making sure our Police and Fire departments have the equipment and training they need to do their jobs and let them do it. No micro-managing of either department by the council.
- Same for the Public Works department. The streets have already been surveyed and rated and Mr. Driscoll knows what needs to be done and is doing it, let him do his job.
- Making sure our taxes are used in the most efficient way to make Fort Madison a better place.
- Strengthen our rental property regulations and enforce them.
I am excited about the future of Fort Madison and we need to be pro-active to take advantage of the opportunities. It is important that everyone take the time to let your vice be heard. All votes count and I need your on Tuesday, November 7th. Thank you for your support and I look forward to serving you on the city council.