Sheriff suspects carbon monoxide poisoning in Denmark death

BY CHUCK VANDENBERG
PCC EDITOR

DENMARK – Area law enforcement suspect carbon monoxide poisoning may have caused the death of a Denmark woman and sent her husband to the hospital early Thursday morning.

Denmark Fire & Rescue personnel along with Lee County EMS and the Lee County Sheriff’s Dept. were called to the 1400 block of 295th Avenue just north of Hwy. 16 on the west side of Denmark where two adults were found in a home.

Rescue crews pulled the victims from the building at around 7:45 a.m. and began ventilating the home.

Joan Lee Stevenson Pumphrey Walker, 87, of Denmark died as a result of the incident. Her husband Randall Walker was taken to an area hospital. No condition report on him was available.

Lee County Sheriff Stacy Weber said findings won’t be confirmed until toxicology reports are returned.

“Our office suspects this is possibly carbon monoxide poisoning and our thoughts and prayers are with the family,” Weber said Friday.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: