PointsBet Sports Book to remain closed until further notice
Editor’s Note: The following is a release printed in it’s entirety from Catfish Bend Casino. BURLINGTON – Catfish Bend Casino, one of Iowa’s leading casino destinations, will safely open its doors on Monday, June 1, 2020 at 10:00 A.M. CT after a long, mandated closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Following a Proclamation issued by Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds, Catfish Bend Casino closed its doors at Noon on March 17, 2020, and is now poised to reopen on June 1, 2020. During the 76-day closure, Catfish Bend Casino underwent an industrial grade sanitation process. All slot machines, table games, chairs, tabletops, bathrooms and surfaces were disinfected. Carpets were professionally cleaned, lighting was cleaned or replaced, and numerous hand sanitizing stations have been installed.
“We are thrilled to safely welcome guests back for fun and excitement in an environment focused on helping guests and employees stay safe and healthy,” said Sr. Vice President and General Manager, Rob Higgins.
Based on guidance provided by Iowa Racing & Gaming Commission, Iowa Gaming Association, Iowa Department of Public Health, CDC, WHO, and in conjunction with Governor’s Office, the following public health safety measures will be implemented:
- Catfish Bend Casino occupancy shall be reduced to not more than 50% of established gaming positions, excluding staff counts.
- Slot machines and table games shall be spaced or otherwise divided to ensure social distancing mandates.
- All Casino patrons and other guests will pass through a thermal temperature scan located at the North Casino Entrance. Only the North Casino Entrance shall be open until further notice.
- Guests will be provided a mask upon request at the thermal temperature stations. All guests shall be encouraged to wear a mask while visiting the casino, and all players at table games shall be required to wear a mask during play.
- Slots machines and tables games shall be sanitized as quickly as possible as players depart the machine or table. Dealers at table games shall sanitize regularly and frequently.
- Social distancing cues will be placed on the floors where lines form. Social distancing protocols shall be maintained pursuant to Governor Reynold’s orders. Barriers or shields shall be used at customer service counters and elsewhere when social distancing protocols are not possible.
- All employees will enter the facility through a separate checkpoint, receive daily temperature scans, and will be required to wear a mask while working around others. Employees shall be required to thoroughly sanitize their hands at least hourly while on shift.
- All touched surfaces will be sanitized regularly throughout the day, plus numerous additional safety protocols and procedures/.
PointsBet Sports Book will remain temporarily closed until further notice.
New facility hours of operation:
Catfish Bend Casino (starting June 1st):
Sunday-Thursday – 10 a.m. to 12 a.m.
Friday & Saturday – 10 a.m. to 2 a.m.
Coco Loco’s Gift Shop (starting June 1st):
Wednesday – Sunday – Noon to 6 p.m.
“We know our customers are eager to get back to their favorite places, see their friends, and have some fun, while staying safe and healthy” noted Great River Entertainment Chief Executive Officer, Gary Hoyer. “We are whole-heartedly committed to getting back to business and working hard to protect our customers and staff.”
About Catfish Bend Casino
Catfish Bend Casino entertains casino players from across the Midwest offering over 600 state-of-the-art slot machines, fast-paced table games and exciting, engaging promotions. Future updates will be posted on www.thepzazz.com or by calling 319-753-2946 with any additional questions. Casino hours and other facility information is available at www.thepzazz.com.