More InformationLee County Attorney’s Office has an opening for a Victim Witness Coordinator position (40 hours per week) with a start date of July 1, 2019.
The Victim/Witness Coordinator position is responsible for managing, coordinating, monitoring, and providing case assistance for juvenile and criminal cases within the County Attorney’s Office. The Victim Witness Coordinator will establish communications with victims and witnesses and/or their advocates, notify victims of their rights, keep victims and witnesses informed of the status of files/cases, provide victims and witnesses with information, locate witnesses required for effective prosecution, and assist with case management.
The position’s successful applicant is preferred (but not required) to have the following:
1. Completion of some college level degree or in criminal justice, behavioral sciences, or related fields or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
2. Knowledge of legal terminology, legal format, and legal forms.
3. Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
4. Knowledge of Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
5. Knowledge of Iowa Courts Online.
6. Ability to prepare accurate and timely documents, correspondence, and reports, including documentation and data for grant funding.
7. Ability to learn and/or operate the County Attorney’s Office computer programs.
8. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
9. Ability to multi-task.
10. Must be a self-starter and motivator.
11. Ability to communicate with the public and act as a liaison for the victim to attorney staff in order to facilitate the communication of the victim as the case progresses.
12. Ability to provide emotional and educational support to victims and witnesses of crimes.
13. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, attorneys, co-workers, and the public, as well as law enforcement personnel and Clerk of Court
14. Ability to maintain a large case load.
15. Must be able to travel all over the County.
The position is a grant-funded position with a salary
of $35,000 annually plus benefits
For more information about duties email request to email@example.com
Please send resume to
Ross Braden, Lee County Attorney
25 N. 7th St., PO Box 824, Keokuk, IA 52632
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
by May 28, 2019
This Ad has been viewed 463 times.