BY PCC STAFF
LEE COUNTY – During the week of September 9, 2019, the United Way of the Great River Region will kick off the Fall 2019 campaign with a goal of raising $200,000 to fund needs in our tri-county area.
The theme for this year’s campaign is “Give your Way with United Way”. When you “Give your Way with United Way” everyone in Clark, Hancock and Lee counties will benefit. Your efforts will support United Way partner agencies in our tri-county area in three priorities:
• Education: helping children and youth achieve their potential through education
• Health: improving people’s health and access to services
• Income: helping families become financially stable and independent
(learn more about our mission and partnering agencies at https://youtu.be/FYKnXWhBjaE )
“The 2019 UWGRR Campaign goal is $200,000. We can give you 200 reasons for supporting your United Way,” says Board President, Amy Graham.
“We know that with the incredible support of our three counties, we will not only reach but exceed this goal! This will allow us to continue to help the hungry, the homeless, the powerless. We need you to join the fight because your passion, expertise and resources will help the fight become a win. A win that’s not just a short-term contribution, but a long-term solution. Give your way with United Way, and join us in our mission to fight for the health, education, financial stability and basic needs of every person in Clark, Hancock and Lee Counties!”
Some of the highlights this year include:
• Grant funding to 27 funded partnering agencies in the tri-county area
• Literacy Projects in 4 elementary schools use volunteers to help students reading below grade level
• Volunteers enrolled in the 55+ Initiative/Retired Senior Volunteer Program provided services to 21 community organizations
• Volunteer Tax Assistance Program in partnership with the IRS helped 212 taxpayers
• Back to School Festival with Trinity United Methodist Church distributed over 500 backpacks filled with school supplies
Join us and “Give your Way with United Way”. For more information on how to participate call 319-524-4504 or email email@example.com