FORT MADISON – Tis’ the season for giving, and The Fort Madison Family YMCA needs your help to Pay It Forward to individuals and families in need.
PAY IT FORWARD PROGRAM
During the holidays families and individuals experience increased financial, mental, and physical strain. Our Pay It Forward Program aims to help ease some of those strains by providing a safe and secure space where they can come and be a part of a supportive, encouraging community to work on their own physical and mental health without having to worry about paying for a membership.
This holiday season, The Fort Madison Family YMCA is awarding three full year memberships to families and individuals who are nominated by fellow community members, family, and friends. If you know someone, or a family, who may be experiencing financial struggles, medical issues, or simply need a safe place to be; we encourage you to nominate them.
The Fort Madison Family YMCA is accepting nominations of families or individuals in our community in need. The Pay It Forward Program will award full year memberships to three nominees. Anyone can nominate an individual or family in need. Nominations are being accepted online at fortmadisony.org/payitforward. Printed forms can be picked up at The Fort Madison Family YMCA 220 26th Street in Fort Madison and returned via mail or by dropping it back off to The Y. Nominations will be accepted through December 10th, 2021.
Pay It Forward Recipients and their nominators will be contacted between December 15th and 21st with Pay It Forward memberships gifted on or about December 22nd, 2021.
In a time where families and individuals are seeking more connection, support, and a place where they can learn, grow, thrive and invest in their own spiritual, physical, and mental health donations of any amount are critical. Your donations help sponsor all types of memberships or cover program participation for our area youth. If you would like to help make even more of these opportunities a reality for families and individuals in need contact us today or click here to donate online.
- $50 – Develops a child’s confidence in our Jiu Jitsu Program for two months.
- $100 – Supports water safety & swim lessons to decrease risk of drowning for 3 area youth.
- $200 – Provides 8 area youth with the opportunity to participate in a Y Sport Program of their choice.
- $500 – Creates potential for 5 area youth to participate on the Y Swim Team.
- $1000 – Engages 2 area youth through our after-school program for 5 months.
- $2000 – Provides 2 youth with the opportunity to build relationships and thrive in our Summer Camp.