Dallas City man killed in house fire

Man dies of smoke inhalation as a result of Saturday fire


DALLAS CITY - A Dallas City man has died as a result of a structure fire Monday morning.
Hancock County Sheriff Travis Duffy released a statement about the residential fire in Dallas City on Saturday.
At approximately 10:47 a.m. Dallas City Rural Fire Protection District was paged to a structure fire at 180 West Second Street. Firefighters from Dallas City, Colusa, and Lomax all responded to the scene. When firemen arrived on scene the structure was heavily involved. Crews battled the fire and located a person inside who was already deceased.
When deputies arrived they met with fire officials and learned that they had made entry into the residence where they discovered the resident was still inside. The fire was extinguished, and deputies worked with fire officials to investigate the fire and death. The Hancock County Coroner was called to the scene along with an investigator from the Illinois Fire Marshal's Office. Both offices then joined the investigation.
The victim was removed from the scene and transported for autopsy. Preliminary results show that the victim died of carbon monoxide and smoke inhalation. The victim was identified as Lonnie E. Lewis, 74, of Dallas City. Family members have been notified.
The fire itself remains under investigation and no foul play is suspected.

Dallas City, fire, death, firefighters, investigation, Lonnie E. Lewis, Hancock County, breaking news, Illinois, news, Pen City Current,


No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here