FORT MADISON – Get ready for an evening full of friends, music, and fun with Fort Madison Porchstock 2023! This free music event will take place on Friday, September 22nd from 6-9 p.m. on various porches and yards. There will be 10 bands of different genres within an eight-block span between Avenues D-G in Fort Madison.
Be sure to come hungry and stop by one of the awesome food vendors starting at 5 pm. Bring your lawn chair to sit and enjoy one of your favorites or stroll through town and catch them all. Maps are available by QR Code on the Facebook Event Page and on the signs at each location.
Current locations include:
• Jason Allen Humes at 1304 Avenue G along with Wilson Bros. BBQ
• Dennis Albee at 1236 Avenue D
• The Hillsiders at 1135 Avenue E
• Laughing Soul at 1002 Avenue G along with The Garden of Eatin’
• Shades in Blue at 915 Avenue E
• Test Kitchen Band at 807 Avenue G
• Little Evil at 804 Avenue E along with Speer’s Sweet Treats
• Curtis John at 630 Avenue E
• PoManTone at 535 Avenue E
• 6 Strings Down at 535 Avenue G along with DeLovely’s Delicious Mini Donuts
This event is free to attend but tips for the bands are certainly appreciated.
Vinnie’s Longbranch and The Rail Yard Sports Bar are both going to keep the fun going by hosting an after party at 9:30 pm! Fidelio will be rocking out at Vinnie’s at 2601 Avenue L while Staggard will be getting down at The Rail Yard at 1310 14th Street.
This event is made possible by our generous sponsors: UFCW Local 617, W.M. Johnson Truck Line, Edward Jones – Tony Fullenkamp, Shottenkirk, Matt’s Greenhouse, Avenue O Laundry, Link Wealth Advisors, Brickhouse Society, Bent Oak Books and Heartland Harley Davidson. Thank you to the committee that put this all together: Tara Vincent, Brian Peterschmidt, Matt and Beth Mohrfeld, Bobby Holtkamp, Chi Eastin and Savanna Collier.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here